Sunday, October 18, 2009

My haul

So, I just wanted give you an idea of my shopping at the orchid shows that I went to in the last couple weeks. As much as I wanted, I resisted buying some of the orchids that I lost couple years ago due to the cold winter. I tried to stay with cool-growing orchids, but I may have veered off a little with some of the purchases. The photo above is of Dendrobium cuthbertsonii, which is a very dwarf growing cold growing orchid. They have leaves that are less than an inch in length with a bumpy texture. The flowers are about an inch across (bigger than the plant) and last about two months in perfect condition.

Here is a list of orchids that I acquired:

Dendrobium cuthbertsonii
Laelia anceps var Williamsianum
Laelia rubescens alba
Vanda coerulea
SLC Circle of Life (remake of the original hybrid)
Amesiella monticola

Wish me luck on these new plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment