Saturday, August 1, 2009

No wonder I don't have time


As part of my hobby of growing orchids, I spend quite a lot of time in front of the computer (this blog being a new addition). Since I have thousands of orchid photos, it requires me to organize the pictures so that I am able to find the one photo that I want. This means sorting the pictures and tagging every photo so that they are cross-referenced by name, genera, date, place, and so on.

The image above illustrates my using Windows Photo Gallery to accomplish this task. I think there are probably other better ways to do it, but this is how I started. If anyone has a recommendation of something better to use, I would really appreciate getting that information. Since I have over 16 thousand photos, something that works with a lot of photos and with speed would be ideal.

Update: I tried using Adobe Photoshop Elements but I couldn't evaluate it because it kept on crashing. I also tried Picasa 3. This might be a contender, but I will have to play with it some more to get an idea of what it can do. However, for my current task of tagging all my photos, I'm finding my current method to be acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment