Friday, September 18, 2009

Blooming now (2009-09-18)

Here is another "blue-flowered" Cattleya that I have. This hybrid is Cattleya Granier's Charm 'Heavenly Blue' AM/AOS, the result of the cross between Cattleya Minerva and species Cattleya warscewiczii. I have not yet flowered this plant as well as I would like to, but I'll keep trying. Last year, there were two flowers compared to this year with three flowers. I believe there can be as many as five or six flowers per spike, so I'll keep trying. For the size of the plant, the flowers are quite large, which measures over four inches. It's possible that the plant can get taller. I have been growing this plant outdoors exposed to the cold, but knowing that there is C. warscewiczii in the breeding, I'll try to keep it little more protected. Hopefully, temperature tolerance from C. loddigesii (grand-parent) has been passed down to this hybrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment