Saturday, July 25, 2009

Growing Orchids

I've been growing orchids in Southern California for many years, and over the years, I have gravitated towards a few genera of orchids mainly because of their adaptability to the climate in my area. I live fairly close to the beach which makes the climate cooler in the summer and somewhat warmer in the winter.

Obviously, the orchids that do best in my area are the cool-growing orchids. But I have found that several Cattleya-type orchids will tolerate the cold winter nights. But there are also many that won't survive. I'll write more on that later.

In this blog, I hope to share with you my successes and failures. I've had many successes over the years, but I still have plenty of failures. I think my sharing this information could be my small contribution to the general knowledge of growing orchids well.

No comments:

Post a Comment