Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stanhopea tigrina "The Predator" FCC/AOS

I forgot to mention that my Stanhopea tigrina bloomed couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, the flowers on these don't last more than a week, but when they are blooming, the perfume is so strong that I can smell them from inside the house. And I only had two flowers!

I remember now that I do have a few other Stanhopeas getting ready to bloom. I think there is another tigrina just about to open. I'll post pictures when they are open. The photo here is of the tigrina "the Predator" which I got last year from Santa Barbara Orchid Estates.

Stanhopeas grow really well in my climate. They seem quite able to tolerate the winter temperatures. All my Stanhopeas grow in hanging baskets and get watered about twice per week. Because my water quality is so poor now, I do try to water as often as I can. The orchids do show signs of salt damage in their leaf tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment